Eye Bags Treatment To Refresh And Revitalize Your Looks
Do people often tell you that you’re looking tired?
Ask if you need a rest or if you’ve thought about taking a vacation lately?
If so then it could be down to one simple fact. Eye bags.
Eye bags not only make you look more tired than you may be in reality, they also age your face. And the dreaded bags don’t just affect older people.
Eye bags can develop as early as your 20s or 30s although they do tend to get worse as people age.
What Causes Eye Bags?
Eye bags often start out as a small amount of puffiness under the eyes, at first it may be barely noticeable and you might just brush it off as one too many late nights.
However over time this slight puffiness may develop into those full-blown eye bags that can age your appearance so much.
Eye bags occur because over time the natural fat and padding in the under eye area begins to bulge forwards as the ligaments that hold it together get weaker.
As the years go on this puffiness continues to get worse and they eye bag will become more noticeable, the problem is accelerated because the skin also loses elasticity as we age.
What Are The Risk Factors For Developing Eye Bags?
The natural aging process is unfortunately one of the causes of eye bags although not every person develops noticeable bags as they age.
Heredity plays a large part in who does and who doesn’t develop under eye bags. If your parents developed eye bags at an early age then you may be prone to developing them too.
Other factors that can speed up the development of eye bags include:
- Too many late nights/lack of sleep
- Water retention
- Too much salt in the diet
- Lack of exercise
- Sinus conditions
Eye Bags Treatment
So if people keep asking if you are tired or if you have had a late night then what can you do to combat the problem of those unsightly under eye bags?
The most obvious choice of eye bag treatment and the only permanent way to remove eye bags is of course cosmetic surgery, but for many people this is not an affordable or realistic option.
If you are wondering how to reduce eye bags naturally there are a number of things you can do.
The following hints and tips may only provide a temporary reduction of under eye swelling but they can be good for those quick-fix situations like a party or other special occasion when you may be photographed or just want to look your best.
5 Quick-Fix Tips For Reducing The Appearance Of Eye Bags
1. A well-known and popular treatment for soothing the eye area is to place chilled slices of cucumber over the eyes. Other similar remedies include placing potato slices, spoons or tea bags that have been frozen over the eyes.
Frozen chamomile and green tea bags come highly recommended for their soothing and anti-inflammatory properties.
What these remedies have in common is the ‘cold’ element and although the results may not be permanent this is a lovely way to freshen up and soothe your whole eye area.
You could also use a cosmetic, soothing eye gel that has been specially formulated for the delicate eye area. Chill it in the fridge for the added soothing benefits.
2. Try acupressure. Locate the fleshy pad just below your index finger on the palm of your hand. This is the pressure point used in acupressure massage for the eyes.
Press down firmly on this area and hold for a count of 10. Release and repeat 5 times.
3. One surprising eye bags remedy, and one that may not be for everyone, is the use of hemorrhoid cream on the under eye area.
The cream can temporarily smooth and tighten the skin but it is vital that you only use hemorrhoid creams and not oils and that you make sure you do not get any of the product into your eyes.
4. Drink more water to flush away the bodily toxins that may play a part in under eye baggage. Water retention and dehydration can both play havoc with your looks so the simple answer is to make sure you are drinking enough pure water.
5. Taking a catnap is another quick fix that can help when eye bags are in the early stages.
Just 15 minutes of snoozing can help to refresh your facial skin and reduce under eye puffiness – try it and see the results – you will be amazed at the difference a quick nap can do for your skin.
What’s more researchers have found that we feel more depressed about our appearances when we are sleep deprived – so there’s another reason to make sure you’re getting enough sleep!
Facial Exercises For Eye Bags
It is possible to improve the appearance of bags under the eyes with facial exercises and this is one natural and simple way you can help yourself.
How To Perform Facial Exercises
Perform facial exercises either standing or sitting comfortably, keep your shoulders relaxed and try not to create any tension within your body.
Practicing in front of a mirror is a good way to see which muscles you are using and to make sure that you are targeting the correct facial muscle groups.
When exercising the eye area be very careful not to drag or pull the skin too much as this can make matters worse.
The skin around the eyes is particularly delicate and prone to the damaging signs of aging; it is therefore vital that you treat the eye area very gently.
Exercise 1 – To Reduce Under Eye Bagginess
- Place the pads of your index fingers under each eyebrow
- Raise your lower eyelids
- Press your upper eyelids downwards at the same time and hold for a count of 5
- Relax and repeat 5 times
Exercise 2 – Eye Tapping
Eye tapping may help to reduce eye bags and also tackles eye wrinkles at the same time as it stimulates blood flow to the area.
- With the pads of your finger tips start at the inside corner of the eye near to the nose
- Tap gently with your finger pads following the natural curve of the under eye area out towards the outer edge of the eyes near the temples
- Tap back again to the inner corner of the eyes
- Repeat 5 – 10 times
Exercise 3 – Lower Lid Stretch
- Place the 3 middle fingers from each hand under your eyes
- Pull downwards with your finger very gently
- At the same time try to close your eyes – you will feel a stretch in the eye area
- Hold for a count of 5
- Relax and repeat 5 – 10 times
Lose Your Eye Bags – Look Fresher – Look Younger
For anyone looking for a natural, non-surgical way to look younger a healthy diet, adequate rest and facial exercises will go a long way in helping you to maintain a youthful looking face or prevent the negative signs of aging.
Facial exercises particularly can be helpful if you want to regain a firmer and younger looking face.