Facial Exercises For A More Attractive Nose
Love The Nose You Were Born With
When it comes to the nose there’s not a great deal that can be done with the one you have been born with.
Chubby cheeks and double chins can be refined by losing weight and facial exercises can help to lift, shape and tone the whole face, however it would seem that there is nothing that can be done naturally to reshape the nose…
The only option for radically reshaping the nose is cosmetic surgery and for many people this isn’t a possibility because of the financial cost or because they simply do not want to put themselves through unnecessary surgery.
Your Nose As You Age
As we age almost all parts of our bodies are affected by a lifetime of gravity and this includes the nose.
The nose may begin to droop as a part of the aging process and the tip can appear to bulge more so than it did in the past. This bulging of the nose is generally more of a problem for men.
Many people have heard the myth that the nose is the one part of the body that keeps growing all of our lives.
Thankfully this is just a myth but gravity can change the appearance of the nose as we age and this may be why some people believe that the nose keeps on growing throughout our lifetime.
As it is with the skin on other parts of the face and body, collagen and elastin break down as we get older. Skin begins to lose its suppleness and strength and gravity takes its inevitable toll.
Help Is On Hand
Many people wonder if it is possible to reshape the nose with facial exercises and the good news is that it is possible. Results will be subtle but many people have managed to change the shape of their nose with a dedicated facial fitness program.
What’s more refining the nose with facial exercises leaves you with the nose you were born with – you will still look like you with just a better shape to your nose.
Cosmetic surgery for the nose doesn’t always improve the face in the way a person hoped for and some people are left disappointed, not to mention out of pocket, after shelling out lots of money for cosmetic nose surgery.
Facial exercises can help to improve the shape of the nose, tone the skin in this area and help you to maintain a youthful appearance.
Alternate nostril breathing is an ancient exercise for the nose that is found in many yoga practices.
An article in the New York Times in 2007 suggested that alternate nostril breathing could sculpt the nose and make a wide nose appear narrower.
This is a wonderful and calming breathing exercise that is easy to perform.
1. Sit comfortably in a straight-backed chair
2. Put your right thumb to the right side of your nose and close off the right nostril.
3. Breathe in through the left nostril to a count of 3 and hold for a count of 1
4. With your index finger close off the left nostril while releasing your thumb from the right nostril and then breathe out through the right nostril
5. Try to exhale for double the amount of time you inhaled, so in this case for a count of 8 – you can reduce the counts to a 3:6 ratio if preferred
6. Breathe in through the right nostril and then close with the thumb for the same count as before
7. Release the left nostril and breathe out through it again doubling the count from 4 to 8
8. This is one set and you can repeat the sets up to 10 times
This exercise helps to narrow and refine the nose.
1. Put your middle fingers into the inside corners of either eye
2. Put your ring fingers directly besides the middle fingers on the sides of your nose
3. Now wrinkle your nose and feel the muscles in the area tense up
4. Try to ‘smooth out’ wrinkles by sliding your fingers down each side of the nose for a count of 5 but do not unwrinkled your nose – keep the muscles tense
5. Repeat up to 10 times
The nasolabial folds are the lines that run from the side of the nose to the corners of the mouth, they become more apparent as we age.
Facial exercises that target these lines can also help to improve the appearance of the nose.
1. Put the index and middle fingers of both hands on either side of your mouth
2. Gently pull your hands outwards to stretch the skin in the direction of your ears
3. Holding the stretch and pucker your lips into a pout
4. Hold the stretch and pucker to a count of 10
5. Repeat 10 times
Improve The Shape Of Your Nose – Improve Your Whole Face
Facial exercises are an easy, fun and effective way to reshape your face and look the best you can whatever your age. There are exercises to target all the problem areas of the face that show the signs of aging.
What’s more facial exercise brighten up your complexion as well as firming up your skin.