Are Forehead Wrinkles A Problem For You?
Many people want to know how to get rid of forehead wrinkles – and with good reason.
The forehead is one of the first places that wrinkles begin to show up, only second to the crow’s feet around the eyes.
What Causes Forehead Wrinkles?
Obviously the usual factors come into play when it comes to wrinkle formation so if you smoke, drink alcohol to excess and indulge in an unhealthy diet you can expect the signs of aging to show up prematurely on your face.Other factors that are specific to lines on the forehead include:
1. Facial Expressions
Wrinkles on the forehead occur as a natural part of the aging process commonly caused by the breakdown of the skin’s connective tissues and from the variety of facial expressions we use over a lifetime.
Surprise, concern, disbelief – all these emotions are expressed by your forehead!
As you age your skin starts to lose its elasticity and over time this results in deeper lines and grooves forming into permanent wrinkles.
2. Sun Damage
Another reason why lines on the forehead occur is because of sun damage and if you have worn your hair without a fringe over the years or avoided using a facial sunscreen you may be more prone to developing forehead lines.
Fair skin is also more likely to show the effects of skin damage earlier than darker skin types.
Exposure to the sun accelerates the skin aging process as the skins collagen and elastin fibers break down.
The effects are irreversible unless you resort to costly wrinkle relaxing injections or other cosmetic surgery procedures.
3. How You Sleep
Believe or not the position in which you sleep can contribute to the formation of lines on the forehead.
If you always sleep on one side and your face is constantly pressed down into your pillow in that position, you may develop more marked wrinkles and sagging on one side of your face.
The sleeping position to avoid if you want to prevent forehead wrinkles is the face down pose.
This sleeping position works with gravity to drag the skin downwards, combine this with the action of your head pushing into the pillow and what you have is one sure recipe for forehead lines!
Want To Get Rid Of Forehead Wrinkles?
Many people want to know how to get rid of wrinkles on the forehead naturally.
Cosmetic procedures aren’t for everyone and what’s more they’re expensive.
If you’re looking for an easy and inexpensive way to reduce forehead wrinkles then the good news is that facial exercises can help.
So if you want to know how to get rid of forehead lines read on…
Facial Exercises For Forehead Wrinkles
Try out the following facial exercises for forehead wrinkles, to help prevent them forming and to tighten up your skin at the same time.
When performing these exercises, unless otherwise instructed, make sure you are sitting in a straight-backed chair, keep your shoulders relaxed but do not slouch.
Many experts recommend that you practice facial exercises in front of a mirror so that you can watch yourself and perfect your technique.
• Place the tips of your fingers gently along the top of each eyebrow
• Arch your forehead by trying to raise your eyebrows
• At the same time press your fingers gently to keep your eyebrows in place
• Hold for a count of 5
• Relax your face and then repeat 10 times
• Lie on your back on your bed
• Allow your head to comfortably hang just over the edge of the bed
• Raise your eyebrows as high as you can
• At the same time open your eyes as wide as possible
• Hold for a count of five
• Relax your face and then repeat 5 – 10 times
• Gently pinch hold of each eyebrow along the brow bone with your thumb and index finger
• Raise your eyebrows while still holding loosely onto the brow bone
• Use your finger as resistance to push down your eyebrow trying to resist the upward pull
• You should feel a ‘smoothing’ sensation along your forehead as you perform this exercise
• Hold for a count of 5
• Relax your face and repeat 10 times
• Place your 4 fingertips above your eyebrows to form a horizontal line
• Keeping your eyes closed, slide your fingers out towards your hairline
• Bring your fingers back to the starting position and repeat up to 30 times using a soothing, sweeping motion
• Start from the center of your forehead
• Using your knuckles gently rub your forehead all over
• Work your way out towards your temples
• Massage for 2 – 3 minutes to relax the forehead and increase the flow of blood to your skin in this area
• This exercise is also soothing and a good way to release tension
Soothe Away Forehead Wrinkles The Natural Way
Facial exercises are a wonderful way to tighten up the skin on your face, hold off the formation of wrinkles and improve the tone and texture of your skin.
Anyone can learn how to perform them and there are exercises to improve every part of your face or that target any of your facial aging concerns – including lines on the forehead.
So if you want to get rid of forehead wrinkles naturally and improve your overall appearance, without resorting to expensive cosmetic procedures or beauty treatments then why not give facial exercises a try?